The Regulation, in force since January 9, 2018, abolished personal permits for forklifts - those employees who have not yet obtained the appropriate UDT qualifications for forklifts, they will have to complete their qualifications.

UDT exam for forklifts is necessary

The new Ordinance of the Minister of Development and Finance on occupational safety and health in the use of power-driven forklifts amends the requirements of the Health and Safety when using internal combustion engine powered, electric and diesel-electric forklift trucks used in internal transport.

Since the entry into force of the new regulations, those who did forklift course and after its completion, they obtained a certificate on the Ministry of National Education's form or another, as well as a plastic training company ID, which is not an ID issued by UDT, are required to complete their qualifications. They don't have to do it right away - they have more time to do it.

By when should the UDT qualifications be obtained?

The date requiring the exchange of registered forklift licences for UDT qualifications is dependent on the date on which the certificate was obtained. Those who have completed forklift training:

  • until December 31, 2004, the allowances will remain valid until December 31, 2019
  • until December 31, 2014, the allowances will remain valid until December 31, 2020
  • from January 1, 2015, the allowances will remain valid until December 31, 2021

Companies involved in training for forklifts may still issue personal permits for 7 months from January 9, 2018, so after obtaining them, they will be valid for 3 years.

Nevertheless, it is best to decide now for UDT training for forklifts. They allow you to obtain indefinite authorizations granted by the Office of Technical Inspection and will not require additional updating.

European Certificates - What about forklift licenses in the European Union?

Pursuant to Directive 2005/36 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of September 7, 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications (Journal of Laws UE L 255 of September 30, 2005, p. 22, as amended), countries which belong to the Union, have the right to recognize certificates and qualifications obtained by persons in other countries.

Currently, it is the UDT ID that will be the document that allows you to confirm the relevant authorizations. In addition to it, it is also worth obtaining a certificate with the training program in English. It is also possible to obtain a certificate in English issued by the Office of Technical Inspection.

However, it is always worth getting information before going to work abroad whether your qualifications will be sufficient. You can get them from an employment agent or employer.

If our qualifications are not recognized, it may be necessary to undergo one more course in the certification body of a given country, or to take part in an additional training course, if the Polish training did not cover all the issues raised during classes in a given country.