Get qualifications for mobile platforms
For the operation of mobile platforms, training is required, after which we receive the right to take the exam at the Office of Technical Inspection, and after passing it, the student receives an authorization from the UDT. During the courses, we discuss definitions related to the construction and use of devices as well as the principles of occupational health and safety.
Rules for the operation of devices such as mobile and slow-moving mobile platforms:
- In order to be able to use mobile platforms, as mentioned, you need appropriate permissions. Each user who operates the device must be familiar with its operating conditions. It is unacceptable to use mobile platforms.
- The operator operating the machine should constantly control the surface of the mobile platform as well as what is above it. While exercising extreme caution, he must operate the device in such a way as to avoid all obstacles on the way. Employees must follow certain rules, including not leaning over the barriers, leaning against the control panel and not placing any objects on it, and it is forbidden to use mobile phones.
What do you need to know about accidents while working with mobile platforms?
Particular attention should be paid to the reasons for the occurrence of events, and they include:
- ignoring the rules of occupational health and safety,
- reprehensible condition of electrical installations of platforms,
- ignorance of the operating instructions for a given device,
- barricading passages to work stations,
- lack of safety equipment and guards or their improper use,
- damaged devices, and thus lack of inspections and maintenance,
- you should also remember to use appropriate personal protective equipment that protects against falls from a height.
- capture by properly unprotected mechanisms while in motion,
- impacts against the structure and caused by inappropriate control of mechanisms,
- electric shock,
- fall from a height,
One of the most common fatal accidents on mobile landings is an electric shock, because when working at height, we often come into contact with power lines. Another frequent threat is improper use and installation maintenance of mobile platforms. Most cases are preventable. Thanks to our courses, you will learn how to deal with hazards in this area, occupational health and safety regulations, as well as how to deal with work in the vicinity of electrical networks and devices.
What are the most important safety conditions at work:
- The most important thing is to define the boundaries of a safe zone for employees, it should be fenced off and properly signaled so that unauthorized persons cannot enter it.
- All people need to know the procedures.
- The marked area should be constantly monitored.
- When it is possible, disconnect devices and networks, but if we do not have such a possibility, they must be properly shielded.
When operating mobile platforms, one must not forget about the appropriate adaptation to the use of the surface, in a way it is the most important principle during contact with these machines. The possibility of choosing the surface for the device affects the convenience and speed of its movement. The surface must be compact and stable so as not to create a hazard in the workplace. Each lift of the self-propelled, scissor, basket or column type lift must be properly checked before use. By visualizing, we are able to determine the type of pavement as much as possible, while in individual cases geochemical tests are used, because the type of pavement is influenced by the weather, in particular rain and snowfall, which causes the area to become wet.
- The safest possible surfaces are, of course, asphalt, concrete or cobblestones. In their case, appropriate caution should also be exercised, a particular risk is contamination or washing the ground.
- Grass soils are relatively safe, but remember that they should be properly profiled and flat.
- Working in fallow lands, we check pits and unmarked structures.
- When working in urban areas, it is necessary to take into account sewage wells, tunnels, pits, cellars, and canals.
- The beach is one of the most difficult terrain in terms of loose sand and the risk of washing away.
Taking into account the above information, we can observe that not every area is suitable as a surface for mobile platforms. However, it is possible to level and stabilize them by using, most often, wooden boards. on our course you will learn about this and other things, after which you will be able to properly prepare the surfaces for basket lifts, scissors and others.
We cordially invite you to courses for mobile platforms to ERGON. In our center, you will learn the correct operation of mobile platforms and obtain the appropriate qualifications in the UDT categories:
- slow-moving scissor lifts, self-propelled basket platforms, vehicle-mounted mobile platforms.
- Hanging, stationary and mast platforms.
Our specialists with many years of experience put emphasis on the level of teaching, which is why we want the students not only to receive the knowledge necessary to obtain a certificate in the category they choose, but also that this knowledge will make life easier in everyday work as an operator. With this in mind, all our programs are written with useful information as well as hands-on activities to illustrate what it is like in reality.
The course includes the following information:
- types and construction of mobile platforms,
- operator's duties during on-call duty at the workplace,
- principles of occupational health and safety,
- practical exercises,
- information on the technical inspection of the machine.
At the end of the training, participants take the test in front of the technical inspection office committee, and its positive opinion is given for an indefinite and conservative opinion throughout Poland and internationally. UDT qualifications. For the needs of the test taker, the document may also be issued in another language.
Requirements to be met in order to be able to enter the competition for mobile platforms:
- be at least 18 years old,
- minimum primary education,
- and have no contraindications to work in a given position.
Where can you find us?
Our head office is located in Warsaw, and we also have branches all over Poland.
What is the price of the course?
Compared to other companies, our price is very attractive, because we always make sure that our price list is transparent. We are open to negotiations, and in the case of groups we grant profitable discounts. Please contact us by phone.