Scissor lifts training course
Scissor lifts, often called lifts, are a type of movable platforms used for effective assembly, maintenance and repair of various types of installations or networks. The device is indirectly used for lifting people, tools and other materials (goods), if provided for by the manufacturer in the operating manual. However, most often the manufacturer defines their purpose as places / workstations at height. Currently, in technology, manufacturers combine the functions of various devices and, for example, at the airports, we can find platforms for loading return ships, which can also be classified as a group of two goods. Characteristic for scissor lifts is the mechanism that moves the platform up and down, which works like two pairs of scissors. These devices require possession permissions in the form of qualification certificates, which are awarded by the Office of Technical Inspection in Poland.
Where are scissor lifts used?
They are universal devices, used, among others, in:
- In industry, by the Maintenance Departments, in order to maintain the continuity of technological processes, repairs of compressed pressure installations, ventilation, lighting and fire protection.
- In warehouses for material inventory and current repairs of lighting or humidification systems or monitoring of logistic process devices, as well as for marking racks with hangers.
- Platforms are also necessary to ensure the continuity of operation of large technological lines, in which the manufacturer has provided for their demonstration, and as a standard work tool.
- At airports, for loading unified containers into ships and for loading passive goods, e.g. meals for passengers.
- Construction industry - on the 1st platform, which, depending on the type of platform, can be unfolded, even several workers can stay at the same time, carrying out work outside the constructed structures or interior finishing work.
- Renovation works - scissor lifts are used to paint the facade, insulate with polystyrene or in conservation works.
- Companies dealing in cleaning windows in office and public buildings - the small size of platforms on which the lifts are placed make this type of devices work well in urban space - you can get them right up to the wall of the building, even in dense downtown buildings, requires they are, however, the fencing of the danger zone.
- Energy companies and companies dealing with lighting service - the booms of scissor lifts allow you to raise the platform to a height of even several meters, thanks to which employees can easily get to the damaged lighthouse. It should be noted that such works should be performed with the voltage turned off, in accordance with the technological instructions of the given network manager. Personnel performing work related to the energy industry in the field of operation, i.e. manual work, should have the appropriate scope of G1e qualifications. The commissioning and supervising staff must have the appropriate scope G1.
Scissor lifts and other types of mobile platforms
Scissor lifts belong to a larger group of devices called mobile platforms. Depending on the method of operation, assembly and movement, they are divided into transportable, self-propelled, slow-moving, as well as hanging, mast-mounted and stationary. Platforms can be mounted on vehicles or suspended, fixed to building elements. scissor lifts, mast lifts and Type B: boom lifts, articulated lifts, telescopic lifts .. The scissor lifts are slow-moving devices, which means that they are placed on different types of chassis, eg with an oscillating / oscillating axle. .The base has FWD or AWD wheel drive, e.g. hydraulic or electric. These platforms have a number of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic protections. The platforms differ in working parameters. The selection of a device for safe work at height is part of our training and is one of the key aspects of prevention in order to avoid an accident, but also to save time for a given job.
Petrol or electric lift?
The scissor lifts differ from each other mainly in the type of drive. Users can choose between electric and petrol lifts. The former are usually smaller, more efficient and quieter. They do well indoors. Diesel powered lifts are usually larger devices with large wheels that will cope with uneven terrain.
How to get UDT qualifications?
As in the case of all mobile platforms, to operate scissor lifts, it is necessary to have a license issued by the Office of Technical Inspection. A positive result of the exam largely depends on good training and the attitude of candidates for operators, including the selection of the appropriate form of training. UDT requires both theoretical knowledge on how to operate the booms: assessment of the technical condition of the construction of devices, health and safety rules and others, as well as the practical ability to operate them.
Based on our many years of experience, we offer a scissor lift course with a range of issues consistent with the scope required in the UDT exam. Theoretical classes are held in-house or online, in the form of webinars, and in the practical part, we use our own hardware base. We adjust the dates of the training courses to the dates of the exams organized by the Office, so that the future operator of the increases is up-to-date with the knowledge required during the tests.
How to sign up for classes?
Courses are open, available to individual clients, or closed - then they are organized at the request of the employer and are available only to his employees. For the details of the upside rates (price, duration, available dates) please contact us by phone or e-mail. A face-to-face conversation will allow us to identify training needs, propose the form of the course and its date.