Pressure equipment operation course
Many professions need to have UDT qualificationsto be performed.
For example, those related to the operation of technical equipment (cranes, overhead cranes, cranes), the operation of fibre optic cables or the filling and operation of pressure equipment.
ERGON, our training centre, has a variety of vocational courses for you to gain the necessary knowledge and competence in the profession you wish to work in. After completing the courses, you can take the UDT (Office of Technical Inspection) examination. Once you have passed this, you will have the necessary authorisation to work.
The most varied pressure equipment is used virtually everywhere. They serve both domestic and professional use.
If we are talking about industrial pressure equipment, we have such equipment that is subject to technical supervision, i.e. listed in the directive of the Council of Ministers of 7 December 2012. These include, for example:
- Liquefied gas tanks
- Steam and water boilers
- Pipelines (steam, transmission, process)
- Tank installation, heat substation equipment, water boiler plant equipment
- Portable pressure vessels (greater than 0.35 dm3), including gas cylinders
One of the devices mentioned above is pressure vessels. What are they?
Compressed air can be used in many ways. It is used in almost every branch of industry. Compressors are used to increase air pressure. However, without pressure vessels, compressors would be useless. Reservoirs are devices that are usually manufactured from stainless steel (a very strong material), and their function is primarily to relieve the compressors. Besides: they take part in the cooling of the weights and are responsible for the constant quality control of their operation.
These units store gases or liquid, or processes take place within them.
Pressure vessels are of many types. Each can have a different capacity and can also be horizontal or vertical. Smaller capacity tanks can, for example, be used in cars, agricultural or industrial vehicles.
Equipment such as tanks is subject to technical supervision. They must be reported to the Office of Technical Inspection (UDT).
The Office of Technical Inspection operates on the basis of a legal act, in particular the Act of 21 December 2000 on Technical Inspection. The UDT certificate describes the qualifications of each individual person employed, in the sphere of maintenance or operation of equipment subject to technical supervision.
Portable pressure vessels with a volume greater than 0.35 dm3 are also subject to UDT. They contain gases or liquids at a pressure that is higher than atmospheric. These devices:
- Are permanently connected to mobile equipment (they are only used to transport the liquids contained in these tanks)
- They change their position between filling and emptying
- They store fuel for the propulsion of the vehicles to which they are permanently connected.
These include, for example, the tank of a fire extinguisher, an oxygen cylinder or the tank of a special device.
Another type of tank is the cryogenic tank. These are used to store liquid gases (oxygen nitrogen argon).
In order to operate the above-mentioned equipment, you need a special authorisation. That is why we offer you a course to help you obtain them. The aim of the training course is to prepare you for the independent filling and use of equipment and pressure vessels. Our training is both practical and theoretical. You will acquire knowledge concerning:
- Gases, their chemical and physical properties
- Technical Inspection applicable to portable tanks
- Repairs to portable tanks, their design and performance
- Warning labels, marking, colour coding of portable tanks
- Tank filling (control and working procedures)
- Health and safety rules
- Storage of portable tanks
Practical activities concern:
- Filling and using pressure vessels - cylinders and bundles with gases:
- Dissolved (acetylene)
- Compressed (air, oxygen, argon, nitrogen)
- Liquefied (ammonia, nitrous oxide, carbon dioxide)
- Filling and use of cryogenic tanks with gases
- Handling and filling of pressure vessels with gases: argon, oxygen
At the Operator Training Centre, we also offer many other training courses:
- Occupational health and safety - initial and periodic training
- For cranes
- For mobile platforms
- For aerial work platforms
- Welding of optical fibers
- Maintenance and repair of UDT equipment
COURSES OFFERED BY THE OPERATOR TRAINING CENTRE (OSO)
|Type:||For whom:||Training description:|
|For mobile platforms||E.g.: For workers performing assembly work, inspecting ships|
|Altitude training||For people who want to work at heights, for example as an industrial climber|
Our training courses include elements of practice and a theoretical part. They are conducted by experienced instructors with many years of experience. The knowledge is conveyed in a very comprehensible manner and in such a way that the State UDT exam is not a challenge for you, but only an element of gaining the necessary professional qualifications.
Feel free to contact us with us. Our staff will easily share all the information you need with you. The prices with us are marketable, affordable and we always set them individually with the client. For groups that are large and organised, we have discounts. ERGON Personnel Training Center provides open and closed training courses. Our head office is in Warsaw, but this is not the only city where we operate. We are also in Kraków, Katowice or Bielsko-Biała, among others. If it is a closed course, we are able to travel to practically any place in Poland. Please visit our website and take a look at our offer.