HDS are hydraulic truck mounted cranes, most often used for reloading. Loading cranes are characterized by the fact that they have a mechanical drive constructed on the basis of a column that rotates on the base, and another important element of this drive is the boom mechanism.
Division of HDS cranes due to their design:
- reloading cranes mounted in the middle of the vehicle,
- reloading cranes mounted at the rear of the vehicle behind the load box on the car,
- reloading cranes mounted behind the driver's cabin on the vehicle,
- HDS cranes for loading wood, called forest cranes, especially since they have a special gripper instead of hooks, thanks to which it is possible to carry and lift boards or wood,
- general-purpose cranes mounted rigidly on the vehicle chassis, the boom works in the horizontal plane, changing the exudate and turning, as well as vertically, lowering the loads and lifting them.
Division of HDS cranes in terms of their structural elements:
- boom - an adjustable element to which the load is mounted, it is extended manually or hydraulically,
- columns - the vertical element of the crane located on the base, the boom mounted on it makes horizontal movements,
- bases - are mounted on the crane base,
- supports - they are used to stabilize the device and prevent it from tilting,
- accessories - auxiliary equipment.
Auxiliary equipment used when working with the HDS crane
At each HDS crane course, we discuss a very important topic, which includes the use of hooks, ropes and slings on which the ballast is properly attached. This knowledge is necessary, because UDT instructors very often check during the exam knowledge of their acquaintance. They are used for the free handling of loads and thanks to them we are able to easily place them anywhere. However, remember to maintain them frequently, otherwise they may cause an accident.
- Ropes are used when HDSs are equipped with winches. They must meet specific requirements. Only certified ropes, approved for production by the manufacturer, are used.
- Slings are the main auxiliary equipment used in the case of cargo securing. A distinction is made between closed-loop, single-leg, two-leg, three-leg and four-leg slings.
- The load is assembled depending on its weight, center of gravity, shape and dimensions.
- Hooks, like the previous auxiliary devices, also need to be checked before use. They are components of the construction of a reloading crane. The operator, operating the cranes directly with them or indirectly with the use of slings, easily transports the load.
Duties of the HDS crane operator
It is essential for the operator of a loading crane to hold a specialised HDS licence. These are awarded to people who have completed a training course and successfully passed an examination before an UDT commission. The operator must have knowledge of the duties to be carried out before, during and after work, which we also teach in our company's courses.
|Operator responsibilities before starting work|
|Opera duties during work|
|Operator responsibilities after work|
By following the above rules, work usually runs smoothly. The operator is able to work safely and not pose a threat to himself or other employees and the environment. However, in order to bear in mind that there are accidents during the work of the crane operator, he should remember about the safety requirements and activities prohibited while working with the HDS crane as well as health and safety regulations. By completing the HDS training, the trainee always receives knowledge on this subject, and this is the basis for obtaining qualifications before the UDT commission in the knowledge of hydraulic truck lifts.
Purpose of the training
Thanks to the course in our operator training center, you receive HDS qualifications, which entitle you to activities such as servicing hydraulic truck cranes. In our company, we provide a comprehensive quality of education and by choosing a course with us, you can easily obtain the necessary knowledge to acquire UDT qualifications to work as a driver.
In order to become a HDS operator, you must have at least basic education, be an adult and have no contraindications certified by a doctor's document to work in a given position.
Place of classes
Classes are held in our branches throughout the country, but we also organize open classes for closed groups with access to the client. The courses are held in accordance with the current information on our website.